Ingredients for 200 g of Fresh Pasta
Spinach (ほうれん草 / Hōrensō) 100 g
Roasted nuts (ローストナッツ / Rōsuto nattsu) (Cashews, almonds, etc.) 50 ｇ
Basil (バジル / Bahjiru) 5 leaves
Salt (塩/ Shio) 1/2 tsp
Salt (塩/ Shio) To taste
Black pepper (ブラックペッパー / Burakku peppāh) To taste
Extra virgin olive oil
(エキストラバージンオリーブオイル / Ekisutora bāhjin orīhbu oiru) To taste
Roasted nuts (ローストナッツ / Rōsuto nattsu) 10 g (Minced)
Parmesan cheese (パルメザンチーズ / Parumezan chīhzu) To taste
Lemon (レモン / Remon) 1/2
How to Make
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil (enough water to submerge the spinach) and add a pinch of salt (not included in the ingredients). Boil the spinach until it softens then remove it to cold water. Squeeze out the excess water, then chop the spinach into bits about 5 mm wide. When you finish chopping, squeeze out the excess water again.
2. Mince the roasted nuts. Transfer the minced nuts to a mortar and then use a pestle to grind them halfway into a paste.
3. Roughly chop the basil and add it to the mortar and grind it into the paste.
4. Add the spinach and grind it in, as well. Add the salt and grind it in to evenly flavor the contents. This is the ravioli filling.
5. Place about teaspoon-size portions of the ravioli filling onto one of the pasta rectangles. Evenly space them with 2-3 cm in between. Use a brush to paint water onto the edges of the other pasta rectangle. With the dampened side down, place the dampened pasta rectangle on top of the filling and gently press the air out as you seal the edges. Cut individual ravioli out of the pasta sandwich.
6. Bring a medium-to-large size pot of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt and a small amount of olive oil. Boil the ravioli for 2-3 minutes, then remove to a serving plate. Allow the excess water to drip off as you transfer the ravioli.
7. Top with salt, coarsely ground black pepper, roasted nuts, extra virgin olive oil, and parmesan cheese.
Serve lemon wedges on the side and dress with lemon juice just before eating.
Recipe Developed by Machiko Tateno
Leave a Reply