Ingredients for 4 servings
(For this recipe, rice should be cooked ahead of time.)
Eggs (卵 / Tamago) 6
Sugar (砂糖 / Satōh) 4 tsp
Salt (塩/ Shio) 1 tsp
Sake (酒 / Sake) 2 tbsp
Sweet vinegar ginger (甘酢しょうが / Amazu shōga) 60 g
Sesame oil (ごま油 / Goma-abura) 2 tsp
Leeks (万能ネギ / Bannō-negi) To taste
Cooked rice (ご飯 / Gohan) 4 servings
How to Make
1. Julienne the sweet vinegar ginger. Finely chop the leeks and set these aside. Fill serving bowls with the desired amount of cooked rice.
2. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the sugar, salt, and sake, and beat.
3. Bring a frying pan up to temperature and add the sesame oil. Pour in the egg mixture, add the julienned sweet vinegar ginger, and mix it in as you cook the eggs.
4. When the eggs are cooked, place a portion on top of the rice in each of the serving bowls.
5. Garnish with chopped leeks.
Recipe Developed by: Machiko Tateno
Leave a Reply