Ingredients for 4 Servings
Grapefruit (グレープフルーツ / Gurēhpu furūhtsu) 1
Granulated sugar (グラニュー糖 / Guranyūtōh) 80 g
Powdered kanten gelatin (粉寒天 / Kona kanten) 4 g (1 pouch)
Water (水 / Mizu) 200 ml
How to Make
1. Rub the exterior of the grapefruit with salt and then rinse with water.
2. Cut off the top of the grapefruit and then use a spoon to scoop the fruit out into a bowl. Leave the rind hollow and intact for later use.
3. Remove the grapefruit section membranes, leaving only the fruit pulp and juice. This should come to about 250 ml.
4. Add 200 ml of water, together with the powdered kanten gelatin, and sugar, to a small pot. Place the pot on medium heat. When the pot comes to a boil, turn off the heat and add the grapefruit pulp and juice.
4. Place the grapefruit rind on a flat surface, so that the top of the rind is level. If necessary, place packs of salt or something similar under the rind to adjust its position. Fill the rind with the grapefruit juice/pulp solution. Cover the rind with plastic wrap and then put it into a refrigerator for at least one hour, or until the gelatin solidifies.
5. After the gelatin has solidified, cut the gelatin-filled grapefruit rind into four pieces.
Recipe Developed by Machiko Tateno