Ingredients for 40 Gyōza
Soft flour (薄力粉 / Hakurikiko) 150 g
Bread flour (強力粉 / Kyōrikiko) 150 g
Salt (塩/ Shio) Pinch
Hot water (熱湯 / Net-tōh) 150-160 ml
Katakuri flour (片栗粉 / Katakuriko) As needed
How to Make
1. Add the soft flour, bread flour, and salt to a mixing bowl and use a whisk to mix them together well.
2. Add hot water and mix vigorously with a pair of cooking chopsticks to get a dough with a crumbly texture.
3. Use your hands to thoroughly knead the dough in the mixing bowl.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and set it aside for 30 minutes.
6. Form each of the ten pieces into a ball and then use the palm of your hand to press each ball into a flat round shape. Enclose these rounds in plastic wrap to keep them from drying out.