＜Ingredients＞ For 4 people
Cooked rice (ごはん / Gohan) 180g per person
Chicken thighs (鶏もも肉 / Tori no momoniku) 2
Salad oil (サラダ油 / Sarada yu) As needed
Green onion 1 (長ねぎ / Naganegi)
Soy sauce (しょうゆ / Shōyu) 3tbsp
Mirin (みりん / Mirin) 3tbsp
Sake (酒 / Sake) 3tbsp
Sugar (砂糖 / Satōh) 1tbsp
Eggs (卵 / Tamago) 2
Salt (塩/ Shio) 1/4tsp
Broccoli (ブロッコリー / burok-korīh) 100g
Salt (塩/ Shio) Pinch
＜How to Make＞
1. Trim the excess fat from the chicken and use a fork to make holes in the skin side of each piece. Cut the green onion into 8 equal lengths. Make a few diagonal cuts (only partway through) in one side of each piece to make them easier to eat.
2. Mix the teriyaki sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Place a frying pan on medium heat and add a bit of salad oil. Fry the green onions until they begin to brown on the outside, then remove them.
4. Begin frying the chicken, skin-side down, in the same frying pan. Use a paper towel to soak up fat that emerges from the chicken. Once the skin side is browned, flip and continue cooking. When both sides of the chicken are browned, add the green onions and teriyaki sauce. Continue cooking to reduce the sauce to a thick texture, then turn off the heat.
5. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and salt, and then beat the eggs. Pour the egg mixture into a frying pan and begin heating the pan. Use four cooking chopsticks held in one hand to stir the eggs. Cook them until they take on a crumbly texture.
6. Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces and boil in salted (a pinch will do) water for about 30 seconds. Remove the broccoli to a strainer and rinse under cold water.
7. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
8. Serve the cooked rice in a large bowls and top with the chicken, green onions, egg, and broccoli.
Recipe Developed by: Machiko Tateno