Ingredients for 200 g of Fresh Pasta
Mixture of ground pork and ground beef (合いびき肉 / Aibiki niku) 300 g
Salt (塩/ Shio) 1/2 tsp
Black pepper (ブラックペッパー / Burakku peppāh) 1/4 tsp
Bread crumbs (パン粉 / Panko) 1/2 cup
Egg (卵 / Tamago) 1
Olive oil (オリーブオイル / Orīhbu oiru) 1 tbsp
Onion (玉ねぎ / Tamanegi) 1/2
Garlic (にんにく / Ninniku) 1 clove
Basil (バジル / Bahjiru) 5 leaves
Bouillon cube (固形スープ / Kokei sūpu) 1
Tomato paste (トマトペースト / Tomahto pēhsuto) 80 g
Parmesan cheese (パルメザンチーズ / Parumezan chīhzu) To taste
Parsley (パセリ / Pahseri) To taste
How to Make
1. Finely mince the onion and garlic.
2. Add the ground meat, salt, and black pepper to a mixing bowl and mix until you get a pasty texture. Next, add the bread crumbs, and egg, and mix well.
3. Form meatballs about 3 cm in diameter. Add the olive oil to a frying pan and put the pan on low-to-medium heat. Place the meatballs into the frying pan and cook them just enough so that the color of the surface changes. You’ll have to roll the meatballs around in the frying pan to do this evenly. Once the surface color has changed, remove the meatballs from the frying pan.
4. Add the minced onion and garlic to the frying pan and cook until you notice the onion/garlic aroma. Add 300 ml of water, the bouillon cube, and tomato paste. Shred in the basil.
5. Raise to medium heat and bring the contents of the pan to a boil. Add the meatballs back to the frying pan.
6. Cover and reduce to low heat for about 10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
7. Add the cooked pasta, combine it well with the sauce and serve. Top with parmesan cheese and parsley to taste.
Recipe Developed by Machiko Tateno