Ingredients for 4 Servings
Spaghetti (スパゲティー / Supagetīh) 320 g
Canned mackerel (サバ缶/ Saba kan) 1 (190 g)
Japanese mustard spinach (小松菜 / Komatsuna) 1 bunch (300 g)
Eringi (エリンギ / Eringi) 2
Garlic (にんにく / Ninniku) 1 clove (minced)
Yuzu koshō (柚子こしょう / Yuzu koshō) 1 tsp
Salt (塩/ Shio) Pinch
Black pepper (こしょう / Koshō) Pinch
Olive oil (オリーブオイル / Orīhbu oiru) 4 tbsp
Green yuzu juice (青柚子の搾り汁 / Aoyuzu no shiborijiru) To taste
How to Make
1. Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt, and boil the mustard spinach for 1-2 minutes. Drain the mustard spinach into a colander and then transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool. Once the mustard spinach has cooled, gently squeeze out the excess water, cut the mustard spinach into 4-cm lengths, and set it aside.
2. Split the eringi in half and then cut the halves into easy-to-eat pieces. Drain the canned mackerel and then use chopsticks or a fork to break the pieces into slightly smaller sizes.
3. Add 3.2 liters of water to a pot and bring it to a boil. Add 32 grams of salt (not included in the ingredients) to the water and then boil for 1 minute less than the instructions on the package call for.
4. In a small pot, begin heating 100 ml of water to bring it to a boil. Mince the garlic then add it, together with 4 tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan large enough to hold all of the ingredients. Place the pan on low heat.
5. Once you notice the aroma of the garlic rising up out of the pan, increase to medium heat and add the eringi and mackerel. When the eringi softens, add the spaghetti and the 100 ml of boiling water. Add the yuzu koshō and mustard spinach, and then use a quick motion to mix the contents of the frying pan. Season with salt and black pepper and a dash or two of green yuzu juice.
Recipe Developed by Machiko Tateno
Leave a Reply