Ingredients for 4 Servings
Eggs (卵 / Tamago) 4
Green onions (青ネギ / Aonegi) 5
Agedama (あげ玉 / Agedama) 5 tbsp
Salt (塩/ Shio) 1/3 tsp
Vegetable oil (植物油 / Shokubutsu-yu) Small amount for frying
Otafuku sauce (オタフクソース / Otafuku sōhsu) 2 tbsp
Mayonnaise (マヨネーズ / Mahyonēhzu) 1 tbsp
Dried bonito flakes (かつおぶし or かつお節 / Katsuobushi) 1/4 pack
How to Make
1. Chop the green onions into small (3-4 mm thick) pieces.
2. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat them. Add the green onions, agedama, and salt. Mix.
3. Add the vegetable oil to a frying pan and place the pan on medium heat. Add the egg mixture to the frying pan. Use a pair of cooking chopsticks to stir the eggs and cook them evenly. When they are about half done, use a spatula to fold the sides into the middle of the pan, so you have something that looks like an omelette.
4. Remove the cooked egg to a cutting board and cut it into four pieces.
5. Transfer to serving dishes and top with Otafuku sauce, mayonnaise, and dried bonito flakes.
Recipe Developed by Chef Machiko Tateno