Ingredients for 3 Servings
Spaghettini (スパゲッティ―二 / Supagettīhni) 200 g
Kama-age shirasu (釜揚げシラス / Kama-age shirasu) 100 g
Cabbage (キャベツ / Kyabetsu) 1/8
Garlic (にんにく / Ninniku) 1 clove
Red pepper (赤唐辛子 / Aka-tōhgarashi) 1 (seeds removed)
Green shiso (大葉 / Ōba) 5 leaves
Leeks (万能ネギ / Bannō-negi) 2
Lemon (レモン / Remon) To taste
Olive oil (オリーブオイル / Orīhbu oiru) 2 tbsp
How to Make
1. Roughly chop the cabbage. Mince the garlic. Cut the green shiso leaves into thin strips, and chop the leeks into small pieces.
2. Bring 2 l of water to a boil, and add 20 g of salt and a dash of olive oil. Add the spaghettini and stir them as they cook. When the noodles have softened, add the cabbage. Cook the noodles for one minute less than specified on the package. Retain 100 ml of the cooking water and then drain off the rest.
3. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and the minced garlic to a frying pan, and put the pan on low heat. When you notice the aroma of the garlic, go to medium heat and add the red pepper and shirasu. Cook just long enough to distribute the shirasu and get them up to heat, then add the spaghettini, cabbage, and the bit of cooking water you set aside. Mix to combine the ingredients well and get everything up the heat.
4. Taste and add salt if you need to.
5. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with the green shiso and leeks, and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Developed by Chef Machiko Tateno