Ingredients for 4 Servings
Pork sparerib (豚バラ肉 / Buta bara-niku) 300 g
Green shiso (大葉 / Ōba) 4
Umeboshi (梅干 / Umeboshi) 2
Soy sauce (醤油 / Shōyu) 1 tbsp
Light brown sugar (きび砂糖 / Kibizatōh) 1 1/2 tbsp
Sake (酒 / Sake) 2 tbsp
Katakuri flour (片栗粉 / Katakuriko) 2 tbsp
Sesame oil (ごま油 / Goma-abura) 1 tbsp
Note: For this recipe you will also need to have cooked rice to complete the ume butadon.
How to Make
1. Put the umeboshi into a mixing bowl and mash them into a paste. Mix in the soy sauce, sugar, and sake. Julienne the green shiso and set it aside.
2. Cut the pork into pieces about 5 cm long. Stretch these out in a plastic container and then lightly dust them on both sides with the katakuri flour.
3. Place a frying pan on medium heat. Add the sesame oil and then cook the pork on both sides. Use a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
4. Add the umeboshi paste mixture. Stir the contents of the pan well as you continue to cook the pork. When the contents of the pan are up to temperature, turn off the heat.
5. Serve on top of bowls of cooked rice and garnish with the green shiso.
2019年6月23日 at 8:27 PM
Thank you Kaoru. Please advise if I can use chicken thighs instead of pork.
It looks like such a refreshing recipe for summer.
2019年6月23日 at 8:34 PM
Yes,you can. Also, Tofu works very well. Hope you enjoy it!